The primary role of Statutory Planning Services is to guide and manage landuse, planning and development throughout the Shire of Peppermint Grove for the benefit of current and future residents:
- To provide professional advice to ensure the public is aware of the planning process and the matters that guide the development potential of all land in the Shire.
- Prepare, implement and maintain residential and commercial plans.
- Develop planning strategies that are consistent with the Shire’s priorities.
- Provide prompt processing of all landuse related applications, enquiries and complaints.
- Increase and encouraging community awareness and participation in the planning process.