Town Planning Scheme
Town Planning Scheme No.3 applies to the entire Shire and is the primary statutory planning instrument against which development is guided and controlled.
The general objectives of the Scheme are to:
- Establish the preferred use of land well in advance of development.
- Optimise the provision of services and facilities for the community.
- Ensure the co-ordinated provision of adequate land for development.
- Conserve and enhance features of cultural, historical, environmental and natural significance.
- Reconcile community needs and aspirations with appropriate land use and development.
The Town Planning Scheme seeks to provide Council and the community with direction on those matters where the Council may exercise discretion.
Downloaded files relating to scheme text.