The Grove Community Learning Centre
The Grove Community Learning Centre was opened in August 2010. It is a shared facility between the Towns of Cottesloe and Mosman Park and the Shire of Peppermint Grove.
The Grove Community Learning Centre is a welcoming, attractive venue and plays an important role in providing opportunities for residents to engage in social, cultural, recreational and educational activities within the local community.
How to find us
The Grove Community Centre is located at the corner of Stirling Highway and Leake Street, Peppermint Grove opposite the Cottesloe Central Shopping Centre. We are situated within The Grove Precinct between the Shire of Peppermint Grove offices and The Grove Library.
We have Basement parking with 35 bays, which is located off Leake Street. The maximum parking limit is 4 hours.
Public Transport Options
We encourage the use of public transport to our venue as a sustainable transport option. Journey planning can be done at – http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Journey-Planner
What we offer
This Community Learning Centre is available seven-days-a-week as a venue for a variety of community activities.
There are also a number of privately run activities for which you need to phone individual organisations/convenors listed below as The Grove Precinct does not take these bookings:
Calendar of Events
To find out what is happening during the month in the Community Learning Centre please click on the ‘Whats On?’ tab on The Grove Library website www.thegrovelibrary.net and click on: ‘The Grove Schedule of Events’.
Community Centre Hire
The Grove Community Centre is available for hire for community groups between the hours of 8.30am – 10.30pm depending on availability and for approved purposes.
Monday to Friday 5.30pm -10.30pm and Weekends 8.30am to 10.30pm may be available for private hirers.
During school terms the centre is fully booked Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm. The occasional Monday morning and/or afternoon (2 -3hr timeslot) during the week may still be available for one-off meetings/events. Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays during the day in school holidays, may also be available.
This centre is not available as a hall for hire for private parties or functions. There are several other halls for hire within the Towns of Cottesloe and Mosman Park that may be available for residents to hire for functions and one-off social events.
Room Hire bookings of a recurring nature are only available Monday to Friday in the evenings. Recurring bookings cannot be made during weekends as the Community Learning Centre is kept available for conferences, seminars, cooking demonstrations, sustainability events and other one off community events.
For enquiries regarding available timeslots and to apply for room hire please contact the Facility & Program Co-ordinator on (08) 9286 8686 or email: email@example.com or in person at The Grove Library, 1 Leake Street, Peppermint Grove, WA, 6011, Monday, Tuesday or Thursday 9.00am to 4pm.
A Room Hire Application Form can be downloaded from the link below:
|Room Name||Capacity||Room Information & Equipment|
|80||Vinyl floor, 16 rectangular trestle tables, 80 stackable chairs with trolleys. Data projection with drop down screens at each end of the room, PA system and lectern.
Kitchen facilities- Fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave, Sink & Bench Space, Zip Hot/Cold Water Unit (10 cups). Catering trolley. Moveable demonstration stainless steel cooking bench with gas cook top and electric oven. Cooking Demonstration Camera.
1 x 25 litre wall mounted hot water urn, (150 cups) 80 x cups, mugs, glasses, plates, cutlery, etc.
|Dividing the Room –
River Room & Ocean Room
(Management approval only)
|N.B – The community centre can be divided into two rooms if two consecutive small group bookings are made for the one day. (A retractable wall system can be erected with each room having (40 capacity) each.|
|50||PA System. Deck, outdoor tiled area. No shade cover over the deck and part of the tiled area. This space can only be hired with the Community Centre. Total capacity must not exceed 130.|
|Fees & charges||Day – 8.30am – 6pm||Night – 6pm – 10.30pm|
|Local Community Groups (Not for Profit) N.B – 80% of group must live in Cottesloe, Mosman Park or Peppermint Grove.||$22.00 Inc of GST per hour
$112.50 full day (8.30am – 6pm)
|$22.00 Inc of GST per hour (minimum 2hrs)|
|All Other Hirers
Private Hirer or Commercial
Meetings, classes, seminars
|$45.00 Inc of GST per hour
$275 full day (8.30am – 6pm)
|$45.00 Inc of GST per hour (minimum 2hrs)|
|Cancellation Fee||More than 24hours notice – $55
Less than 24hour notice- full hire cost forfeited
|More than 24hours notice – $55
Less than 24hour notice- full hire cost forfeited
1. Access to the community centre will only be available from the date and time shown on the application to hire a room.
2. A security remote control key tag/fob, which will allow entry and exit, is to be collected from the Shire of Peppermint Grove Administration, 1 Leake Street Peppermint Grove between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm weekdays or by arrangement with the facility co-ordinator, one to two days prior to their event. Please note that the booking will be cancelled if no contact is initiated by the hirer 1 day prior to their booking.
The security remote control key tag/fob will only be handed over to a person attending at the Shire office on providing proof of identification. If the person collecting the security key tag is not the hirer then the hirer will need to provide that person with written authority for them to collect the card.
3. The security remote control key tag/fob shall be returned via the after-hours library chute or by the next working day following the completion of the hire period.
4. The hirer shall report any loss of Community Centre security key tags/fobs to the Shire the next working day following the loss. The cost to replace the fobs to the community centre will be debited from the bond.
1. If the hirer anticipates that liquor will be consumed on community centre premises then the hirer must first obtain the appropriate permit from the Shire and ensure that the conditions in the permit are strictly followed.
2. Kegs will not be permitted.
1. If the hirer’s actions reasonably require a call out to the Community Centre by the security staff or Ranger, the hirer shall be liable to a call out fee determined in accordance with the Schedule of Fees & Charges set by the Shire (minimum 3 hours).