The Grove Community Centre is available for hire 7 days a week between the hours of 8.30am and 10.30pm for approved purposes subject to availability. The Community Centre is usually hired as the one large room. Management will only allow the room to be divided into two separate rooms if two consecutive small event bookings are made on the same day: “River Room” and “Ocean Room”.
For enquiries of room availability and to apply for room hire, please contact the facility co-ordinator on telephone (08) 9286 8686 or email: email@example.com or in person at The Grove Library at 1 Leake Street, Peppermint Grove, during the hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.00pm.
A Room Hire application form can be downloaded from the link below:
Community Room Hire Form and Conditions Jul’14
Community Centre Room
Capacity: 80 people
(The Community Centre is normally utilised for hire purposes, and combines Community Room 1 “River Room” and Community Room 2 “Ocean Room” to make one large room).
Room information: Vinyl floor, 16 rectangular trestle tables, 80 stackable chairs, Data projection, drop down screen, PA system.
Kitchen facilities- Fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave, Sink & Bench Space, Instant Hot Water Unit.
Moveable demonstration stainless steel cooking bench with gas cook top and oven for cooking demonstrations.
Community Room 1 – River Room (half room formed with a retractable wall divider).
Capacity: 25 people
Room information: Vinyl floor, 8 rectangular trestle tables, 25 stackable chairs, Data projection, drop down screen, PA System.
This space can only be hired as a half room under certain conditions – see below
Community Room 2 – Ocean Room (half room formed with a retractable wall divider).
Capacity: 25 people
Room information: Vinyl floor, 8 rectangular trestle tables, 25 stackable chairs. Data projection, drop down screen, PA System. Kitchen facilities including Fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave, Sink & Bench Space, Instant Hot Water Unit.
The community centre can only be hired as half rooms under certain conditions – Management will only allow the community centre to be divided into two separate rooms if two consecutive small event bookings are made on the same day: “River Room” and “Ocean Room”.
Capacity: 50 people
Room information: PA System. This space can only be hired with Community Rooms 1 & 2 (Community Centre).
Total capacity for Community Centre, including internal courtyard, must not exceed 130.
Day rate = 8.30am-6pm. Night rate = 6pm-10:30pm
Local Community Groups (Not for Profit) N.B – 80% of the group must live in Cottesloe, Mosman Park or Peppermint Grove. Meetings, classes, groups: $22.00 per hour (day and night rates) or $112.50 for the full day. Please note, night bookings require a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
All Other Hirer’s (Private hirers/commercial) – meetings, classes, seminars: $45.00 per hour (day & night rate) or $275.00 for the full day. Please note, night bookings require a minimum of 2 hours at a time.
Bond for all users: $100
Cancellation Fee: $55 – more than 24 hours’ notice. Less than 24 hours’ notice full hire cost forfeited.
1. It is the intention of the Shire of Peppermint Grove to make community facilities available for hire for all organisations within the community. However, where two applications exist to use the same facility at the same time, it will be the Shire’s discretion as to which organisation will be granted a booking. Generally community groups will be favoured over, private or commercial groups.
2. An application for room hire must be lodged at the offices of the Shire of Peppermint Grove, 1 Leake Street, Peppermint Grove, and accompanied by the appropriate fee. The application forms shall be fully completed and accompanied by proof of identity of the applicant either by way of driver’s licence, motor vehicle licence, or current rates notice.
3. The Shire will not hire rooms to persons under the age of 18.
4. Applicants shall be charged hire fees and bonds according to the Shire’s Schedule of Fees and Charges. The Shire reserves the right to refuse an application for room hire without giving any reason.
5. No booking shall be regarded as confirmed unless the required bond has been paid to the Shire and a certificate of currency for Public Liability Insurance has been sighted, prior to the function.
6. The bond is required as a guarantee that the Community Centre spaces, kitchen and equipment will be left clean and tidy and in an undamaged condition. The bond will only be repaid by the Shire subject to the applicant complying with all its obligations in respect of the hired space.
7. Where an applicant wishes to make a regular booking, the bond will be deposited prior to the first hiring period and refunded when the applicant informs the Shire that the hiring is no longer required. The hiring fee and bond shall be paid to the Shire no later than 14 days prior to the date of hire.
8. All bond refunds will be by cheque or EFT. For EFT payments please supply the following: account name, BSB, account number. Allow 13 working days for processing.
1. Community Centre spaces are available for hire between the hours of 8.00am and 10.30pm. Room Hire bookings of a recurring nature are only available Monday to Friday. They cannot be made during weekends. Hiring time will include time needed by the hirer for set up and cleaning up. The hirer shall ensure that all equipment, food and beverages which are required for the hirer’s function are delivered to the hall within the period during which the hirer has hired the hall.
2. The minimum hire period for a space is 1 hour and the maximum hire period is 14 hours (8.00am to 10.30pm).
3. The hirer may only use the space for the purpose shown on the application form and approved by the Shire.
4. Council officers may have access to the Centre at all times without prior notice to the hirer.
5. The hirer shall leave the Centre in a clean and tidy condition. Clean up must be completed at the conclusion of the function. Cleaning shall include:
– Removal from the room/s waste that cannot be deposited in bins provided for in the community centre,
– Wiping all horizontal surfaces in the kitchen,
– Ensuring all floors are left in a safe and dry condition,
– Sweeping or vacuuming all floors,
– Ensuring all chairs and tables are properly cleaned, stacked and placed in the designated storage area.
On completion of cleaning the hiree shall ensure that all AV equipment, lights, heating and cooling units are turned off and that the room/s are then secured with the code. It is the hiree’s responsibility to provide all the necessary cleaning products and equipment to comply with the cleaning requirements.
A charge for extra cleaning, if it is required as a result of a function, will be deducted from the bond (or invoiced if no bond held). It is the hirer’s responsibility to provide all the necessary cleaning products and equipment to comply with the cleaning requirements.
In a case where a hirer finds the community centre room/s in bad/damaged condition prior to their use, it is the responsibility of the hirer to report the hall condition to the Shire. During work hours contact the Shire on 9286 8600.
6. The hirer is to ensure that the security remote control key tag provided is returned to Council no later than 10.00am on the morning of the next working day following the completion of the hire period. In the event that Council’s subsequent inspection shows that the room/s has not been left in a clean and tidy condition the cost of any cleaning deemed necessary by an officer of Council shall be deducted from the bond deposited by the hirer.
7. Decorations shall not be hung from lights or the ceiling and the driving of nails, tacks or screws into any part of the building or the use of adhesive tape or bluetac is prohibited.
8. If recorded music is to be played during the hire period then the hirer shall ensure that the appropriate licence is obtained from the Australian Performing Rights Association.
9. The hirer shall take all necessary steps to ensure that noise emitted from the facility (including any car park or outdoor areas) during any function does not cause annoyance to nearby residents. This can be done by ensuring doors and windows are closed if music is playing. Hirers are warned that any excessive noise may result in a prosecution by the Shire for a breach of the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997.
10. Smoking within the entire complex is prohibited.
11. Sub-letting of the community centre room/s is prohibited. In the event that the hirer parts with possession of the room/s to a person not approved by the Shire, then the hirer will remain liable for any damage caused by that person.
12. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure the facility being booked is suitable for their needs, and should a facility be deemed unsuitable by the hirer, an alternative venue should be sought. If a hirer deems a facility to be unsuitable after a booking has commenced, it is recommended that the hirer ceases all activities to reduce the risk of injury, loss or damage.
13. The hirer is liable for any damage caused to the community centre room/s, any fixtures or fittings contained within the centre during the period of hire and/or use, whether caused by the hirer, his or her invitees or any other person.
14. In the event that during the period of hire and/or use any damage is caused to the centre or any property therein, the Shire may, at its absolute discretion, call on the bond and apply it to repair the damage. Assessment may take several weeks depending on the severity of the damage, and bonds may be held until all assessments are made. If the damage exceeds the bond, the Hirer will be invoiced and this will be a debt due and owing to Council.
15. The hirer shall ensure the number of people using the facility shall not exceed the maximum number of persons stated by the Shire’s Health Services, which is in accordance with Section 178(3) (b) of the Health Act. Maximum room numbers are stated on page 1 of this application form.
16. Before vacating the building the hirer shall ensure that the lockup procedures have been completed. Failure to secure the premises could result in a Ranger call-out. (See below Security call out).
Cancellation of bookings
1. If the hirer cancels a booking with more than 24 hours’ notice prior to the hire date a fee of $55 will be charged.
2. In the event that the hirer cancels a booking with less than 24 hours’ notice of the room hire date the full hire cost is forfeited and/or the bond will be forfeited to the Shire unless the room/s is re-booked by another hirer.
3. Cancellation may only be effected by notice in writing addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of the Shire.
4. The Shire reserves the right to cancel any regular and casual bookings.
1. Access to the community centre will only be available from the date and time shown on the application to hire a room.
2. A security remote control key tag/fob, which will allow entry and exit, is to be collected from the Shire of Peppermint Grove Administration, 1 Leake Street Peppermint Grove between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm weekdays or by arrangement with the facility co-ordinator, one to two days prior to their event. Please note that the booking will be cancelled if no contact is initiated by the hirer 1 day prior to their booking.
The security remote control key tag/fob will only be handed over to a person attending at the Shire office on providing proof of identification. If the person collecting the security key tag is not the hirer then the hirer will need to provide that person with written authority for them to collect the card.
3. The security remote control key tag/fob shall be returned via the after-hours library chute or by the next working day following the completion of the hire period.
4. The hirer shall report any loss of Community Centre security key tags/fobs to the Shire the next working day following the loss. The cost to replace the fobs to the community centre will be debited from the bond.
1. If the hirer anticipates that liquor will be consumed on community centre premises then the hirer must first obtain the appropriate permit from the Shire and ensure that the conditions in the permit are strictly followed.
2. Kegs will not be permitted.
1. If the hirer’s actions reasonably require a call out to the Community Centre by the security staff or Ranger, the hirer shall be liable to a call out fee determined in accordance with the Schedule of Fees & Charges set by the Shire (minimum 3 hours).