The Grove Library
Check out the library website at www.thegrovelibrary.net
In addition the Library is a member of the Western Suburbs Library Network which shares the catalogue and membership database with other libraries in the region. This means that members of the Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove, Mosman Park Library have direct access to the stock of Claremont, Nedlands and Subiaco libraries. The combined stock size is approximately 132,000 items
Anyone can join and there is no charge. Proof of current address must be provided in the form of an official document, such as, a driver’s licence or bank statement, pension card or rates notice etc. An alternative contact address is also required. A parent or guardian signature is necessary for children under 16 years of age.
What you will find in the Library
The Library holds collections for adults, children and young adults in a broad range of subjects, genre and formats including large print books. There are over 34,000 items held in the Library. Check out the library catalogue.
Materials are for loan and reference and include books, talking books on CD, DVDs, music CDs, CD-ROMs, books in other languages, magazines, newspapers and local current information.
The library also provides the following:
- Library website – where you can join the library, search catalogues, reserve items, renew loans (if not overdue) access full text articles via a range of online databases, locate community information and catch up on library news.
- Request and information service – Staff are happy to assist you to find what you want. If it is not in this library we can try to get it from another library.
- Home delivery service – People who are physically unable to visit the library may apply for a home delivery service.
- Children’s activities – storytelling sessions for pre-schoolers are held weekly. Holiday activities and family storytelling sessions are also offered.
- Internet – access is free to members. Printing from the Internet is 20c per page for black and white copies and 50c per page for colour copies. Beginner classes on how to use the Internet are held from time to time.
Friends of The Grove Library
The Friends of the Library is a group of volunteers that raise money for resources. The Friends accept donations of books which are sold to raise money for new library stock.
Volunteers are always welcome for our Home delivery service programs and Friends of The Grove Library.
Contact the Library on 9286 8686 if you require more information about any of the above activities.