Collection Of Domestic Rubbish
Domestic refuse is collected from each property on a weekly basis every Wednesday.
- Bins are to be placed on the verge 0.5metres from the kerb with the lid opening facing the road by 7am. If you have more than one bin place 1 meter apart.
- Bins should be placed this way to ensure that the automatic arm on the collecton vehicles is able to reach, lift and empty.
- Please ensure that bins are not placed under a tree canopy or near parked cars.
Please do not put any of the following into your green bin.
- hot ashes
- oil, paint, solvents
- bricks, concrete, sand, soil, building materials, steel
- hazardous household waste (petrol, flammable liquids, paints, motor oil & fluids, garden chemicals & poisons, pool chemicals, cleaners, acids, bleaches & ammonia, medicines and gas cylinders)
Rubbish on Verges
Garden refuse, tree cuttings, building materials and any rubbish not in an MGB should not be stored on the road verge. A litter infringement may be issued to those found in contravention of this Local Law.
For further information on the two stream waste collection service, please contact the Shire office on (08) 9286 8600.
Residents are entitled to obtain one tip pass per property, per financial year from the Shire for the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility. Each tip pass consists of 3 free standard trailer loads of greenwaste (garden cuttings, tree prunings) and 2 free trailer loads of mixed refuse.
The JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility is located on the corner of Brockway Road and Lemnos Street in Shenton Park and is open for business Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 3.45pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am to 1pm and Public Holidays from 7.30am to 1pm. Please note the Recovery Facility is closed for business on Christmas Day, New Year Day and Good Friday.
The Facility now includes a recycling drop off facility where residents are able to dispose of bulky or larger quantities of recyclables at no cost.
Each pass entitles the bearer to dispose up to one (1) 6 x 4 trailer of mixed household waste or tree prunings.