Recycling Bin -
The mobile garbage bin (MGB) system has proved over many years to be the most efficient and effective method of waste collection and its extension into recycling is a logical and practical extension of this technology.
The MGB based co-mingled recycling service was selected because it offered convenient and effective storage of recycable materials in a collection format familiar to residents.
Your bin is collected every second Wednesday and must be placed o.5m from the verge by 7am. If you have a second bin please place 1 metre apart.
All recyclables are simply placed in the recycling bin.
What NOT to put in your recycling bin -
- No plastic bags, plastic film or shrink wrap
- No polystyrene goods (eg meat trays and packaging)
- No ceramics, window glass, light globes, mirros or broken glass
- No garden waste of any sort
- No household garbage, food scraps or food wrappings
- No batteries
- No scrap metal
- No unwanted paint or paint tins
- No clothing or leather
- No oil, acid or chemicals
- No liquid of any kind
- No building rubble
- No animal waste or kitty litter
What happens to my recycling?
For more information on recycling please view What happens to my Recycling