Recycling Bin - Recycling Calendar 2013
The mobile garbage bin (MGB) system has proved over many years to be the most efficient and effective method of waste collection and its extension into recycling is a logical and practical extension of this technology.
The MGB based co-mingled recycling service was selected because it offered convenient and effective storage of recycable materials in a collection format familiar to residents.
Your bin is collected every second Wednesday and must be placed o.5m from the verge by 7am. If you have a second bin please place 1 metre apart.
All recyclables are simply placed in the recycling bin.
What NOT to put in your recycling bin -
- No plastic bags, plastic film or shrink wrap
- No polystyrene goods (eg meat trays and packaging)
- No ceramics, window glass, light globes, mirros or broken glass
- No garden waste of any sort
- No household garbage, food scraps or food wrappings
- No batteries
- No scrap metal
- No unwanted paint or paint tins
- No clothing or leather
- No oil, acid or chemicals
- No liquid of any kind
- No building rubble
- No animal waste or kitty litter
What happens to my recycling?
For more information on recycling please view What happens to my Recycling