The Shire of Peppermint Grove is situated some 13km from Perth on the north side of the Swan River and shares boundaries with the Towns of Claremont, Cottesloe and Mosman Park.
Peppermint Grove has the unique status of being the smallest municipality in Western Australia, covering just 1.5 square kilometers of land. The Shire has a population of approximately 1,652 inhabiting 607 dwellings, with a large proportion of residents have long established links with the Shire going back over many generations.
Major transport routes to Peppermint Grove are Stirling Highway and the Fremantle to Perth Passenger Railway Service. The nearest train station is Cottesloe situated 250m west of the Shire Office.
Distance from Perth: 13kms
Area: 1.5sq kilometers
Population: 1,652 (approx.)
Number of Electors: 1016
Number of Dwellings: 607
Total Rate Revenue: $1.1 million
Length of Roads – Sealed: 10.6kms
Length of Roads – Unsealed: Nil
Number of Elected Members: 7
Number of Full Time Equivalent Employees: 13
Facilities and Attractions
- Freshwater Bay Recreational Jetty, boating jetty, and the foreshore beach reserve
- Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club
- Keane’s Point parkland including children’s play equipment, boat launching ramp, grassed open space and barbeque facilities
- Peppermint Grove Tennis Club
- Cottesloe Primary School
- Presbyterian Ladies College
- The Grove Library
- Cottesloe Central Shopping Centre